Does the state have a recreational use program?
Yes, Rhode Island has a recreational use program. The state legalized recreational marijuana in 2023, and retail sales are now available.
Does the state have a medical program?
Yes, Rhode Island has a medical marijuana program. The program was established in 2006, allowing patients with qualifying medical conditions to obtain medical cannabis.
What are the rules for medical use?
To use medical marijuana in Rhode Island:
- Patients must have a qualifying medical condition.
- Patients must obtain a medical marijuana card from the Rhode Island Department of Health.
What are qualifying medical conditions for eligibility?
The qualifying medical conditions for the Rhode Island medical marijuana program include:
- Chronic Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Any other medical condition approved by the Department of Health
What are Medical Program Limits?
Under the Rhode Island medical marijuana program:
- Patients are allowed to possess up to 2.5 ounces of usable cannabis.
- Patients are allowed to cultivate up to 12 mature plants and 12 seedlings.
Methods of Use Permitted under the Medical Program?
Methods of use permitted under the Rhode Island medical marijuana program include:
- Topical application
Is there Home Delivery for Medical Cannabis?
Yes, home delivery of medical cannabis is allowed in Rhode Island.