Rules for Medical Use
- To be eligible for a medical marijuana card, you must have one qualifying medical condition. You must also have a written certification from a licensed Louisiana healthcare provider.
Qualifying Medical Conditions for Eligibility
- Chronic Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Tourette Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Intractable Nausea and Vomiting Associated with Cancer Treatment
- Severe Muscle Spasms Associated with Multiple Sclerosis
- Seizures Associated with Epilepsy
Medical Program Limits
- Medical card holders are allowed to possess up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana. They are also allowed to cultivate up to 6 plants at home.
Methods of Use Permitted under the Medical Program
- Topical application
Home Delivery for Medical Cannabis
- Yes, home delivery is allowed for medical cannabis in Louisiana.